Monday, July 14, 2008

Off we go ...

Well we are off to the Ohm-home for two days of sun and fun, now that the refrigerator has been repaired (which necessitated us getting a much later start). This is because I'm a big Baby Princess who just HAS to have cold and/or frozen food as required. No thawed out squishy meat for me, thank you very much. So one defrost timer later ($79.95 which I thought was very reasonable for cold and/or frozen food, all things considered) we can now actually leave and know that our ice cream won't morph into something else entirely while we are gone.


The Ohm-home is located in Huron, Ohio. This is the home of Jodi and Tracey Ohm who we've known since our playgroup days here in Columbiana when the children were just wee little. The Ohms have lived a little bit of everywhere since we've known them. Sometimes for as little as six months at a time. They are kind of like a military family only they serve Coca-Cola instead of Uncle Sam. The Ohm's moving back to Huron was a red letter day for us because they had previously lived in Indiana which is quite a jaunt. We were against that. They had previously lived in Rootstown which worked out really well for me, but as it turns out it is not all about me, they chose to live in Huron this time instead. Okay whatever. I still love them. (Hi Jodi and Tracey!)


So ... they have now moved back and moved into the Ohm Estate which is the most gorgeous house. Now, we have a lovely home, you all reading this have lovely homes. I think we all live quite comfortably and with style. None of us is living in a box under a bridge.Yet, I will confess that the Ohm home is one of those that no matter how much you liked your house when you left, when you get to the Ohms, you decide that you do, in fact, live in a hovel. It's lovely and we hope to have a fun and relaxing time.


We're going to Lake Erie to swim so mostly I'll hyperventilate about riptide (does Lake Erie have a riptide?) and worry about spf.


 P.S. I added a link to Dawn's photos on the right under family and friends. Until she makes me stop! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment