It's not that we aren't trhilled to have Matthew place first in the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby for his rank because we are. We really, really are.
It's just that he kind of, sorta, well broke track speed records every single freakin' time he raced."
Three heats and three announcements of "and the New Track Record is held by MATTHEW SEABOLT!"
The first time was really cool. Neat even. The second time was, um, okay and the third time I'm sending mind daggers to Mike like "can you dial it back next year man, this is getting unseemly!"
The thing is Matthew really DOES build the car with Mike. This isn't one of those scenarios where the parent takes over and does the whole project. Not at all. I swear we are not race savants. We don't have an angle or anything. We just seem to have an undue amount of luck when it comes to Pinewood Derby cars. Not that I'm ungrateful for this mind you but I would have rather opted for luck in something more along the lines of lottery wins.
Pinewood Derby wins are nice too. This marks another year Matthew will go on to Districts and we are sure proud of him. Little sister, meanwhile, slaved away in the concession stand with her friend Caitlin. She was tickled to be paid in food. Much like her mother, she will work for cake.

No comments:
Post a Comment